Thursday, July 12, 2007

Simply Mami, Simply Beautiful


Today has been a looong day. I spent the entire day with my family at the hospital. My grandma who raised me hasn't been doing well. She was having trouble breathing this morning so my aunt Mae called 911. We have watched her get worse over time and it is emotionally draining and frustrating to see our little Mami not enjoying the quality of life she once had. She's 81 and I know that this will not be easy. She suffers from dymentia and has congestive heart failure. At the hospital we discovered she developed pneumonia and had fluid in her lungs. We had no clue. She seems to be stable now, but please keep her in your prayers.

This is the layout I just created for the One Little Word challenge: Simplicity. I got inspired at about 10 pm because I thought it would be therapeutic to create a layout about Mami. It reads: Simply Mami, Simply Beautiful. I used my very cool 7Gypsies stamps and I cut up a folder I received that was part of a Vera Bradley press kit. I really liked the reversible design pattern. I love the way this page turned out. It's got to be one of my faves.

I'm so exhausted. It's just after midnight and I need to get some sleep. Good night!

8 comments:

Ady said...

love the layout...

Latharia said...

What a wonderful way for you to express your thoughts & feelings! Great colors & shapes on this page ... very cool!

Gigi said...

oh i'm so sorry to hear your grandma is ill...i will definitely keep her in my prayers...

& you did such a beautiful job on the l/o..so gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Love your layout!

Lynn
one little word

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the layout. Fabulous photo.

Ronda Palazzari said...

Keeping her in my prayers!

Love the layout. It is beautiful!

Ronda
One Little Word

Anonymous said...

Oh I really like this, great job!

Je@net said...

What a great LO and such a lovely picture! Hope she is doing well?
Just fineshed my OLW LO!