Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A peek at my scrap room...

I'm still working on getting my scrap room together and I really need a new work table and a few more pieces here and there. So this is a work in progress that is sloooowwwly coming together. Here's a sneak peek at some of my stuff, but don't be surprised if some of these things disappear or change during the next few weeks! LOL! I'm just not going to stop till I get my room just the way I want it and I have finally accepted that it will not happen overnight (that's not easy for someone as impatient as I am)...

Here's my very first American Crafts Modern Album, which I personalized using Scenic Route Paper and some Thickers, and then I used some Mod Podge to seal it. I love it! It's sitting on top of one of my Craft Carts from Target (each pull-out drawer holds 12x12 papers and embellies).



These colorful magazine holders are from The Container Store. They've been around a while and they're nice and sturdy, but I'm beginning to think it's time for them to go...Instead, I'd like some wood wall pockets like these from Ballard Designs.



These glass jars are from IKEA. We were driving around Atlanta when I saw an IKEA store and I got so excited that Richard just had to take me there. I felt like a big kid in a playground. I decorated the vase on the left with acrylic paint, patterned paper and some ribbon. This was my very first painting project! Thanks, Yayi!



This is my bookcase from Linens 'n Things. I think I need another one, but where would I put it? Hmm... I'm still trying to figure out what should stay on the bookcase and what should go, so I think I need a few more weeks to figure that out. For now, it holds a photo of me and my mom at my bridal shower, a photo of me swimming with the dolphins in the BVI, scrapbook magazines and books, rubber stamps in a red pail, etc. I think I want to buy some wooden baskets like these or something similar to organize everything better. I also want this to put my rubber stamps in and this to hold photos, postcards and other goodies. The throw pillow is from my visit to IKEA. I love it!



This gorgeous red table with the butterfly was a great find in the Global Bazaar section of my Target store. I bought it with some of my leftover Christmas money (a gift from my honey-bunny). Did I mention I love butterflies?!



And finally, these are just some of my acrylic paints in a metal basket from Target. I used a couple of magnets to liven it up a bit.



I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my scrap room... I have a few other things that I have yet to photograph and there's more to come in the weeks ahead... Happy scrappin!

1 comment:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

WOWZA!!! I love it, Vane. can't wait to have one just like it :)