Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Looking for inspiration...

....but lacking time and energy!

That's how I feel right now. I am finding so many beautiful layouts and so many cool ideas out there, but I just don't have the time to create. I have been working late, and I'm completely frustrated with my work. It's that time of year when all of our books and magazines are due, we are lacking the resources we need and the pressure is on. So many deadlines, so many clients, so many projects that are late, so many people to babysit! I wish there was more of me, but I haven't figured out a way to clone myself. Sometimes I wish that I didn't take everything so personally, but I'm a perfectionist and I want to please everyone all the time. I take great pride in the work that our company produces and that's why I always have to stay on top of everyone to make sure things get done on time and within our quality standards. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, but I am expected to do what it takes because I'm the one in charge of all the design and editorial content. Hey, at least I have a job, right, and in theory I actually enjoy what I do. So, in that case, busy is good. It's just not as fun as it used to be.

Thanks for letting me vent! Now on to some fun and creative stuff.

Today I received my Scrapologie kit and I really like all of the patterned papers and the tags are so cool. Check it out!



As of this month, I'm keeping just one scrappy kit subscription, and that's Cocoa Daisy. Therefore, I'm now free to check out what else is out there. I'm keeping a close eye on my faves: Work in Progress, Studio Calico and Cupcake Scrapshop. I'm really liking Cupcake's October Afternoon papers and that fabulous D. Reeves Acrylic Album. Here are some of the pics. Hmmm...




Thanks to all of you who read my blog. Your comments give me something nice to look forward to and I really appreciate your friendship!

Good night and happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Balou said...

I understand completely. My job is the same way in that the end of the year is a major crunchtime for us. So by the time you finish up a LOOONG day, you are either too tired or too brain-dead to be creative. Hopefully, you'll be able to get a lot done this weekend!

Ady said...

I can totally tell by the sound of your voice that you are totally exhausted. I'm glad your happy with the kit. My eye is on Cupcake this month. But we'll see. I have to control myself because xmas is around the corner.

Anonymous said...

boy, do I know what you're saying - I KNOW exactly where you're at Vanessa and don't be so hard on yourself. do the best you can in ALL aspects of your life - and find a balance. Perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be - I gave up long before achieving it - just do the best you can.... Miss you.
Rena

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I totally get you! I am a perfectionist too and it can get tiresome...

I can't wait till Sunday!!

~Nancy~ said...

Me too I totally understand you!!!! I was totally burned out from work too a couple of months ago.. and it's so hard to have energy to other things besides working at such a hard moment!! Hope your energy will come back soon!! Those kits look awesome!! Sending some mojo your way!! Hang in there! XOXO