Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Scrappy Life

I've been working till pretty late each day and I finally decided to leave work today at a reasonable hour (6 pm), all because I had a headache. Well, my DH calls me while I'm headed home to tell me he has "bad news." Guess what? He lost his keys and cannot leave his office! He calls his busines partner to see if they were in his car...not there. He calls the restaurant where they had lunch today...not there. Soooo I have to drive home, get his spare keys, and then drive to Broward to give him the keys so he can drive home. Oh, and then he decides to return to the restaurant where he thought he had left them, and there they were. The manager is a moron. (So much for leaving early!)

The story doesn't end there. I tell my DH he owes me dinner. We decide on something quick and easy. Arby's. I ask him for a Reuben sandwich. He brings me back a TURKEY Reuben. What kind of Reuben is that?! "I'm sorry honey, I messed up then," he says, not realizing that I don't really eat turkey sandwiches. He offers me his chicken salad sandwich (how sweet of him), but by then, I gave up on dinner. Oh, well. At least my headache is gone.

(Funny thing is that the obsessive part of me will dwell on this Reuben sandwich till I actually get the one I want...maybe tomorrow.)


On the scrappy front, I finally got to see the August kit from Scrapologie and it's full of great stuff! Check it out! I've been wanting to play with the Love, Elsie line so now I can scrap away...



On Saturday, my friend Damaris is teaching a class at her house using the Heidi Swapp playing cards. I can't wait! I love all the goodies that she always has and I'm sure that her class will be loads of fun...

That's all for now. Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

Ady said...

Wow, here I thought you were going to scrap your heart out... Oh well, I've learned to just take life the way it comes. No planning. Sorry about your sandwich...

domestic goddess said...

what a rotten day! love that scrapologie kit!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog
anna xx

~Nancy~ said...

OMG what a story!!!! And totally love the kit.. can't wait to see what you create with it!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! Hugs!!