Monday, August 13, 2007

Back home from Atlanta



My DH and I got back from Atlanta at 4 am this morning, slept a little and went to work. It took us 11 hours to drive home. Of course, we made a couple of stops, and ate dinner at Sonny's BBQ on the way home. There was some pretty bad weather, with an electrical storm, so that delayed us a bit. Our trip was productive so we're very happy, but it was exhausting.

We arrived at our house in Atlanta on Saturday at 5 am. When we entered the home, the Realtor had turned on the heater!!!! It was close to 100 degrees in there and we just couldn't get the upstairs bedrooms to cool down fast enough. Almost immediately I got sick and dizzy so we had to leave to a hotel at 6 am. That was a good decision because we got to rest in a comfy bed. Anyway, we rented the house so all is good. And on Sat. night we got to eat at McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant in Buckhead, our favorite! We go there every single time we visit the city and the owner already knows who we are. He even remembers that Richard drinks rum and Coke. You can't beat the service and attention we get when we go there.



I kept myself entertained in the car by reading Ali Edwards' book, A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking with Patterned Paper. I won it at CKC-Ft. Lauderdale. Love it! It has some very cool layout ideas for mixing up patterned papers, some of which I wouldn't have thought about doing myself. I especially enjoyed seeing the layouts by Ali and Jamie Waters. Cool book. Ali rocks. I can't wait for her new book to be available!

I'm absolutely drooling over my Aug. kit from Cocoa Daisy. Tricia from CD is just so great and this has to be one of my all-time favorite kits. I just LOVE Kristina Contes. I can't wait to play with it in the next couple of weeks...and I'm dying to create my d. reeves acrylic album that came in the kit. Yippee!!!! Ali created a version of it, too, and it gave me some cool ideas. I'm definitely wanting a Polaroid camera now to expand my creativity.

Peace and happy scrappin!

1 comment:

Ady said...

I can't wait to play with my cocoa daisy kit too... I'm happy everything worked out in Atlanta and I can't wait to scrap together...