Friday, October 8, 2010

Blog Redesign & Wish List

Isn't my blog pretty!? I LOVE it!! :)

I started with an idea: something simple with vintage flair.

Then I asked around and my search led me to Kristina Proffitt from Blog Designs by Two Happy Mamas. I chose one of their pre-designed backgrounds (the light blue damask), used a vintage doily kit from House of 3 to create my banner and post divider, and we customized some "happy art" elements to finish it off... (sounds simple, but it wasn't! LOL!)

You'll notice I also have a typewriter font that's used on my banner, blog posts and for my signature. Across the top of the blog, you'll find links to my creative space (office/scrap room), some layouts and my music play list.

I cannot say enough positive things about Kristina. She was AWESOME! So enthusiastic, sweet, friendly, professional and patient. Hee! Since I work in the design and editorial field, I wanted everything a certain way (yeah, I am a little anal!) and she stuck with me until we got it to my liking :) What a trooper! Kristina ROCKS!! I highly recommend her if you are looking to redo your blog. The only thing is that you'll have to wait a little bit because she's about to have a baby and is taking a little time off right now. She's worth the wait though!

Now on to a different topic: my upcoming birthday! :)

I love October because I get to celebrate both my birthday and wedding anniversary. My hubby has been struggling because he doesn't know what present to get me (he likes to surprise me!) and I keep telling him to "Check my blog!" Why do men not get it? LOL! After all, I always have a running list of things I want under my wish list sidebar... I think the only one that ever checks my wish list is my BFF (thanks, Ady!). In any case, it's the thought that counts and I know that I will love anything he gives me... (I love you, honey!)

But since we're on that topic and I like to include pretty pictures on my posts, here are some things that I like:

Fujifilm Instax Mini Camera (Chocolate)
This cute camera shoots small polaroids that are perfect for my crafting projects and the quality of the photos are really good! I also love the instant gratification.


7 Gypsies Artist Trading Card Display
I wanted one for a while but I didn't know what to do with it... Then I saw a project that Elizabeth Kartchner did where she simply used Instax photos and displayed them on here. Love that idea!


Faux Leather Strap Handle Tote - Large Black
I need one (or two) of these to finish organizing my IKEA Expedit bookcase. I will likely use these for punches and/or kits. (sorry for the tiny photo!)



Chance Meeting Necklace
Yes, I know this is an expensive item... BUT it makes me so very happy :) I just love all the details on it. The butterflies, silk, embroidery, beads... the handmade nature of it! It's so pretty!


Capture Life Necklace
Here's another cute, less-expensive necklace that caught my eye...



And who wouldn't be happy with a gift certificate from Studio Calico or Ruche?

So my honey-bunny, if you're reading this, I hope this gives you some idea of what I would like :) Heehee!!!

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Ady said...

I love how the blog turned out. It's adorable. I love all your wish list items too. I hope you get them for your birthday...

Lou said...

the blog looks cute!

how funny... i tell C exactly what i want for my birthday and xmas, and i never get those things! i told him a few weeks ago that i want that same camera (in white) and he was like "why?" LOL! boys really don't get it.(but yes, i always love what he gets me.) =)

CLynn said...

Hi Vanessa,
I'm Lynn, and new to your blog.
I came across it and fell in love with your set up and entries.
Great gift idea list.
Have a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the redesign of your blog! How do you find the time? YOu are amazing... Keep up your energy and your creativity!!!
Miss you -
Rena

Caryl Hope said...

Thanks for the heads up on your blog designer. :-) LOVE the look and feel of your blog. The previous design was nice too but I LOVE the vintage feel of the current one, plus who wouldn't love typewriter font? :-P

Happy Birthday and Anniversary month! What lovely stuff! Hope you get them on your birthday and anniversary. :-)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love your blog and I love all the enabling you did! I have loved that 7 gypsies ATC holder with the same thoughts of what can I do with it!

Dawn said...

Love the new design. Thanks for the websites and helpful hints.

Anna said...

love the vintage flair. :0) its beautiful.

savita said...

Data Entry Outsourcing Projects Available at www.visionjobcare.com
visionjobcare.comoffers different types of outsourcing projects. Online data entry is one of the best home job for housewives, unemployed, students and part time job finders. Easy Job, just spend 2hrs. daily, & make massive monthly income. We pay you $5 per Assignment. Each Assignment of 5 lines.
For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit Us at http://www.visionjobcare.com