Friday, October 8, 2010

Blog Redesign & Wish List

Isn't my blog pretty!? I LOVE it!! :)

I started with an idea: something simple with vintage flair.

Then I asked around and my search led me to Kristina Proffitt from Blog Designs by Two Happy Mamas. I chose one of their pre-designed backgrounds (the light blue damask), used a vintage doily kit from House of 3 to create my banner and post divider, and we customized some "happy art" elements to finish it off... (sounds simple, but it wasn't! LOL!)

You'll notice I also have a typewriter font that's used on my banner, blog posts and for my signature. Across the top of the blog, you'll find links to my creative space (office/scrap room), some layouts and my music play list.

I cannot say enough positive things about Kristina. She was AWESOME! So enthusiastic, sweet, friendly, professional and patient. Hee! Since I work in the design and editorial field, I wanted everything a certain way (yeah, I am a little anal!) and she stuck with me until we got it to my liking :) What a trooper! Kristina ROCKS!! I highly recommend her if you are looking to redo your blog. The only thing is that you'll have to wait a little bit because she's about to have a baby and is taking a little time off right now. She's worth the wait though!

Now on to a different topic: my upcoming birthday! :)

I love October because I get to celebrate both my birthday and wedding anniversary. My hubby has been struggling because he doesn't know what present to get me (he likes to surprise me!) and I keep telling him to "Check my blog!" Why do men not get it? LOL! After all, I always have a running list of things I want under my wish list sidebar... I think the only one that ever checks my wish list is my BFF (thanks, Ady!). In any case, it's the thought that counts and I know that I will love anything he gives me... (I love you, honey!)

But since we're on that topic and I like to include pretty pictures on my posts, here are some things that I like:

Fujifilm Instax Mini Camera (Chocolate)
This cute camera shoots small polaroids that are perfect for my crafting projects and the quality of the photos are really good! I also love the instant gratification.


7 Gypsies Artist Trading Card Display
I wanted one for a while but I didn't know what to do with it... Then I saw a project that Elizabeth Kartchner did where she simply used Instax photos and displayed them on here. Love that idea!


Faux Leather Strap Handle Tote - Large Black
I need one (or two) of these to finish organizing my IKEA Expedit bookcase. I will likely use these for punches and/or kits. (sorry for the tiny photo!)



Chance Meeting Necklace
Yes, I know this is an expensive item... BUT it makes me so very happy :) I just love all the details on it. The butterflies, silk, embroidery, beads... the handmade nature of it! It's so pretty!


Capture Life Necklace
Here's another cute, less-expensive necklace that caught my eye...



And who wouldn't be happy with a gift certificate from Studio Calico or Ruche?

So my honey-bunny, if you're reading this, I hope this gives you some idea of what I would like :) Heehee!!!

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Ady said...

I love how the blog turned out. It's adorable. I love all your wish list items too. I hope you get them for your birthday...

Lou said...

the blog looks cute!

how funny... i tell C exactly what i want for my birthday and xmas, and i never get those things! i told him a few weeks ago that i want that same camera (in white) and he was like "why?" LOL! boys really don't get it.(but yes, i always love what he gets me.) =)

Unknown said...

Hi Vanessa,
I'm Lynn, and new to your blog.
I came across it and fell in love with your set up and entries.
Great gift idea list.
Have a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the redesign of your blog! How do you find the time? YOu are amazing... Keep up your energy and your creativity!!!
Miss you -
Rena

Caryl Hope said...

Thanks for the heads up on your blog designer. :-) LOVE the look and feel of your blog. The previous design was nice too but I LOVE the vintage feel of the current one, plus who wouldn't love typewriter font? :-P

Happy Birthday and Anniversary month! What lovely stuff! Hope you get them on your birthday and anniversary. :-)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love your blog and I love all the enabling you did! I have loved that 7 gypsies ATC holder with the same thoughts of what can I do with it!

Dawn said...

Love the new design. Thanks for the websites and helpful hints.

Anna said...

love the vintage flair. :0) its beautiful.