Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Perfect Weekend :)


My honey and I were lucky enough to stay at a magical place here in the Florida Keys. It's a hidden gem, an idyllic paradise that I never even knew existed... My most recent press trip took us to The Moorings Village in Islamorada. And to my surprise we actually had a nice, relaxing weekend -- something we NEVER really get to do (we usually like adventures, not relaxing)! It was perfect. My only complaint was that it ended way too soon. Time flies when you're having fun!

We stayed at this oceanfront beach house... and the house came with a cat! Teehee! This cute kitty followed us around all weekend cuddling, purring and begging for food. I'm allergic to cats, but I gave in and pet her and she was so sweet!



And this was our "backyard"






This is the front of the house... beautiful!



We had a wrap-around veranda overlooking the ocean.



And a hammock tucked between coconut palms where we could relax...(and play with our weekend kitty)




The grounds were so lush and inviting... this used to be an old coconut plantation.



On Saturday night we had a delicious lobster dinner at Pierre's (YUM!) and watched the sunset.



This was the view out of our bedroom...



And this is the living room where Richard grabbed a book and sat down to read...



We fed kitty on Saturday night and then three cats showed up. LOL!




I just loved it here!!! (Did I say that already?!)



We also headed out and did some sightseeing on Saturday... (but not for long because I wanted to get back to the beach house)






I took LOTS of photos (what else is new?) and now I have lots more to scrap with my new Studio Calico kit, Partly Sunny. Yippee!

I really hope that we can return to this little hideaway one of these days :) It truly was a little slice of heaven on earth.

I'll leave you with a layout I lifted from Waleska Neris at Studio Calico... enjoy!



Peace and happy scrapping!
Vanessa

4 comments:

Ady said...

The place looks so beautiful and peaceful. I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend...

Maritza said...

OMG!!!!! Love this post. PLEASE ADOPT MEEEEEEEEEEEE. Love the details; I can imagine myself there.

Anonymous said...

One word. AMAZING! Wouldn't mind stranded in that place. :-)

lawrenbc said...

V - beautiful! everything about this post i love love love!!!! The honey and I have been to Key West twice but never this version -- awesome! I hope we can get there and do this version some day SOON:)