Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend & Layouts to Share

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. I also hope that you took a moment to reflect on what Memorial Day is all about. It's about remembering those serving our country and those who lost their lives as well. For me, it's about recognizing the sacrifices that my cousin -- a captain/commander in the US Army -- has made for her country. She was just deployed (again!) and she'll be gone for a year (away from her family and her children). My thoughts and prayers are with her and her fellow soldiers. I know she'll be back home safe!

Memorial Day also marks the beginning of summer. A time to be with loved ones and go to the beach, have a barbecue, etc. We had a nice day today with family and friends. We planned a last-minute barbecue/pool party and had a wonderful day. (Photos to come!)

This past week, I have been spending my extra time (what extra time? oh, yeah, my late nights when I should be sleeping!) playing with my May Studio Calico kit, Granny's Cupboard. I LOVE this kit and the design team really rocked it to the max. That's why I have been scraplifting numerous layouts and having fun doing it :) So far, I have completed 13 layouts and I have a couple more to go... Here are just a few...







I'll share more layouts with you later this week.

Peace and happy scrapping!
Vanessa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I wish I can be that productive... Hee...

Love the layouts and the photos, can't wait for you to show us the rest. My sub to SC started with this June's kit and I am excited! Hope I can be as productive as you... thanks for the motivation! :-)

Hugs (lots of it) ;-)
Caryl

Ady said...

I love all your layouts... This kit was amazing and I'm so happy we switched... I hope the mojo continues on into next months kit. Thanks again for the invite for yesterday. My cousins had a wonderful time.

Lou said...

Between you and Ady, I've got lift-inspiration for a while. Super cute.

Uniquely Ella said...

WOW, 13 LO, you got to love it! I wish I can find the time like you ladies do.
xxx
Marlene