Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day & Scrappy Sunday

Hi my friends,

Today we celebrate all the wonderful mothers out there, including my closest friends and family. It's a day to be thankful, joyful and -- in my case -- to remember those we loved and lost. I am not going to lie. I haven't been much of a Mother's Day fan this year or last. In fact, last year I stayed home all day Sunday preparing for some medical exams just before my gall bladder surgery. This year, I spent Saturday night celebrating with my in-laws and today I had a wonderful brunch with my family. It was a somewhat difficult day for me because I miss my Mom and my Mami (grandma) so very much. Always. But I know they are with me every day. And that's what I hold onto...

So for all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day. Hug your moms and your children and cherish every moment you have together. :)

I've been scrapping and I have some more layouts to share so I hope you enjoy my latest creations.

Oh, but before I share these, let me just show you some new releases that I am drooling over. Have you seen the new Jenni Bowlin Play Date? LOVE those bright colors for the summer :)






And I am in LOVE with Studio Calico's newest release, Documentary. I cannot wait to see it all!



Both of these seem perfect to scrap my upcoming summer vacay! Yep, I'll be going on a looong road trip starting in Las Vegas and heading through Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park (Utah), the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, Idaho, Montana and Seattle. I can't wait!

Anyway, here are my layouts.

This first one was just finished today. I love that I got eight photos on one layout and I love the result!



This is a scrap lift of Stephanie Howell and I just LOVE this layout! Love the bright colors, that gorgeous Dear Lizzy ribbon and that deep green polka dot paper... it just makes me so happy!



This one was inspired by Christine Drumheller of Cocoa Daisy. I loved the layout she created and I had the perfect photo for it! I also added those rain drops that I have had in my stash for years... I remembered these after seeing Caryl's beautiful rain layout on her blog.




"My Goofy Silly Love" uses the new SC Anthology collection and rub-ons, which I love. They go on like butter!!! Another Stephanie H. inspired layout.



And finally, I've always loved the way Susan Weinroth combines colors and patterns. This is similar to a layout she had in her SC gallery...



Have a great week!

Peace and happy scrapping,
Vanessa

4 comments:

Maritza said...

Great LOs. I am a big fan of Susan W too. WOW sounds like a wonderful vacation. Can't wait for the pics.

Ady said...

I love your layouts... You have inspired me to pull out my Dear Lizzy and dig in.

Mika said...

What a great stuff girl, love the paperline. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Uniquely Ella said...

Vanessa you come up with such beautifull LO. I love your style so much. Have fun on your trip.
xxx
Marlene