Saturday, June 19, 2010

Have a "sunshine-y" weekend

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and that you are finding time to relax, unwind and to scrap (in the midst of your chores and other duties!)... I took care of all my stuff early today so I've spent the past few hours scrapping with the new Lily Bee collection, Hello Sunshine, which I absolutely love! It's such a happy line!

And I sure needed some happy scrappy paper in my life!!!

These first two layouts are some of my favorite EVER and they are scrap lifts but that's okay :) This one was inspired by Stephanie Howell and I used an old photo of my Mom that my step dad gave me for Christmas. I just adore this photo because she is laughing with so much delight. (I miss her so much!)



I cannot recall where this one came from, but I think it was posted on the Lily Bee blog... LOVE the use of all the paper, rub ons and chipboard flowers! I also used some red Glimmer Mist.



I've been wanting to scrap this photo for a while. This is my step dad and me in California... we spent some really nice quality time out there with family :)

(also inspired by Stephanie Howell)



The next two images are from Jungle Island. My honey and I went with my BFF and her cousins and we had a great time! I plan to scrap more of these pics... This is the "official" photo they take of you when you arrive -- complete with parrots and all!



My BFF shot this pic of us just before a bird show... I wanted to use the rub on lyrics to "You are my sunshine" because we always sing that song to each other... in fact, a couple of weeks ago when we drove down to the Keys, we sang it together! We are like kids sometimes! :)

(also inspired by Stephanie Howell)



This last one was inspired by a layout in the Lily Bee Ning gallery... My honey has sent me a few sweet poems via email and he always writes sweet sentiments in his greeting cards so I wanted to scrap that... I took a photo of an email he sent me, but I only focused on the poem by E.E. Cummings since the rest was a bit personal. I printed the entire email onto cardstock and adhered it to the back of this layout. :)



On a much more serious note, my sister-in-law's boyfriend/partner was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and it sounds quite serious... I hope you will join me in prayer and help me wish him and his family (including his kids) peace and many blessings. They need all the prayers they can get!

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Peace and happy scrapping,
Vanessa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa! It's Kathy here, a fellow studio calico member! Love those pages you posted, so cute and colorful! We actually just went to parrot island In April while we spent a couple of days in Miami after a cruise. We all loved it!
On a serious note, am thinking of your sister in law and her family during at this time.
take care
Kathy F

Ady said...

I love all those layouts.. I hope to finish with mine soon... Thanks for sharing..