Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Key West Adventures

So hubby and I spent a nice weekend together in Key West... It was a little bit of a working vacation because I got to experience this great hotel, Casa Marquesa, as part of a press trip. This property is really beautiful, private, perfectly situated just a couple of blocks from Duval Street and the service was excellent. I will definitely do a very nice write up on them :)



On Saturday, we slept in, enjoyed the hotel, ate breakfast on our balcony overlooking the pool and gardens and then we headed out for a nice walk around Key West. We visited an antiques store, some museums, the Truman Annex and more.

On Sunday, we checked out of the hotel very early (against my wishes) and headed off on a two-hour catamaran journey to the Dry Tortugas National Park (to make my hubby happy). Well, as it turns out, we had a great time and I LOVED it there! We toured Fort Jefferson, walked around the complex, went swimming and took lots of photos. The beach there is awesome and the water is crystal clear. Great snorkeling, too! If you haven't been, you should definitely plan to go. It's truly awesome!







Please ignore my nappy windblown hair below. LOL!





Before I go, I just want to share that I am now a subscriber to Studio Calico and I'm getting my first kit in May. I have been buying their kits on and off for some time, but I finally decided to sign up and I am very excited. Look at this beauty. I cannot wait! :)




I hope you are enjoying your week!

Peace and happy scrapping!
Vanessa

6 comments:

Maritza said...

WOW, beautiful pictures. Thanks for the the tips. You sure know how to travel. I wish I could sneak in your bags. Seriously, thanks for sharing.

Uniquely Ella said...

WOW Vanessa what a FUN weekend. Those pictures are so beautiful. I have to check out that hotel. Can't wait to see your LO on this gorgeous trip.
xxx
Marlene

Anonymous said...

You look great and I LOVE that you share your travels... it's like me going there without really going there. :-)

We're going on your side of the country this June. We didn't go anywhere last Christmas so the kids are looking forward to some vacation time. We plan on Disney and Universal Studios but I SO want to visit an antique store. Do you have any recommendations? :-)

And I just managed to snag the Knick Knacks add-on. Everything is sold-out at SC! I'm also signing up to SC kits but unfortunately I have to give up CD kits to do so... It's ok though, at least I got one kit to look forward to each month. :-)

Take care! {hugs}

Ady said...

I love it...beatuiful pictures. I can't wait to go too. I'm a bit nervous about how were getting there but I have four three months to work on that. I'm excited about the kit too.

Damaris said...

So glad you had a great time. That place if freaking amazing..isn't it? Can't say I enjoyed the ride though....LOL
Hugs,
Me
PS: YOU GOT IT GOING ON WITH YOUR NAPPY HAIR!!!! LOL

lawrenbc said...

oh wow that looks like a GREAT hotel! and definitely a great location. I hope we get back to Key West sometime and get to try it out! So glad you guys had a good trip!