Monday, May 28, 2007

Butterflies, butterflies all around us!



Today, my honeybunny and I visited Butterfly World in Coconut Creek. I've always wanted to go because I LOVE butterflies. It was great! At first, I was a bit overwhelmed by all the butterflies flying around me, but by the end of our visit Richard had to practically drag me out of there because I was trying to get one to land on me. One of our favorites was the bright blue morpho peleides butterfly similar to the morpho banded one in the photo above. They also have a nice bug zoo and an awesome aviary where we shot tons of photos of beautiful hummingbirds, finches and more. I can so see myself going back there! I really enjoyed it.




Of course, the gift shop was tempting and I ended up getting a set of vintage birds and nests rubber stamps and vintage butterfly postcards from Cavallini & Co. to make a mini scrapbook to document our amazing day. I just love butterflies...and birds, too!

I'll post some of our butterfly and bird photos later this week...

2 comments:

Richard said...

Honey, I love your blog, your loving husband. Blog away!

Richard

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I have those stamps!! I could never go there though my dh is no fan of butterflies...