Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yesterday...



And TODAY...

Inspired by Ali's (and Balou's) blog:

Outside my window...there's a nice blue sky, wooden fence, a couple of palm tress, a tall tree with its rich green leaves a bit dry and turning shades of yellow (who said there was no fall in Miami?).

I am thinking...about my Mami and my Mom and how I missed them so much last night. My family got together to celebrate my birthday at our hangout, Old San Juan, a local Puerto Rican restaurant. I had tears in my eyes as I drove home, thinking of them. Just then, my hubby called from his car to say HI -- perfect timing! :-)

I am thankful for...my birthday celebration last night and the fact that we were together, which doesn't happen as often as I wish. It was so nice to celebrate with my family, my mother-in-law, our BFF's and my Godson.

From the kitchen...nothing yet (are you surprised?) granola cereal and very vanilla soy milk for starters, then leftovers from last night for lunch (chuletas, arroz con habichuelas y tostones)

I am wearing...my Victoria's Secret pajama. This light blue and white sleeveless one is my favorite; it's soft and has little bunnies on the pants.

I am creating...getting into the Holiday mode and starting with a couple of Halloween and Christmas projects.

I am going...to go to the car dealership with my step dad so we can lease him a new car. He was in an accident a couple of weeks ago and his 1996 Toyota Corolla was totaled. He's okay, but anxious for a new Corolla :-)

I am reading...Scrapbooks Etc., Caribbean Travel + Life and Islands magazines.

I am hoping...and praying for a speedy recovery for Damaris' dad, who had a bad accident yesterday! Also hoping to get a lot of things accomplished this week since I am out of the office all week. Cleaning out closets, drawers, scrapbook room, guest room, etc. and doing a couple of scrappy projects. I want to finish my December Daily from last year for starters and get ready for my 2009 album!

I am hearing...the sound of our A/C turning on. It's otherwise quiet here since Richard is still sleeping.

Around the house...there is silence. Not much activity going on here, except for me in my scrap room.

One of my favorite things...looking around my scrap room and seeing photos of Mami, my Mom and Dad, Papi, Titi Mae, Jorge, Richard, Yayi and just loving my little creative space! I know I am lucky to have this room all to myself :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week...cleaning, organizing, purging, creating, exercising and going out and having fun! I hope to check a few things off my to-do list.

Some pictures to share...celebrating my birthday last night at Old San Juan restaurant...







My honey gave me these gorgeous flowers for my birthday (and a Vera Bradley purse)! Have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Vanessa

2 comments:

Trish said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday, Vanessa!! You have such a beautiful and loving family, and I love that you all got together and celebrated YOU. You do so much for others, it is great to know that you too are loved like you love them. Love you, girl!! And happy belated b-day!! xxooo

Ady said...

Happy Birthday... I'm glad that you had a wonderful day with the family. I love you lots and I love the photos...