Thursday, October 8, 2009

hello there

I hope you are having a great week. For me, it's all about work (what else is new, right?). But I did start going to the gym this week and it feels good. I joined Bally's and my goal is to exercise three times per week. I can handle that! :-) Today, I walked on the treadmill for 32 minutes, did the bike for 15 minutes, attempted to do the elliptical/skiing machine thingy that works out your legs and arms and everything else but was too tired after 5 minutes to continue (LOL!), and then I finished off my routine with a few arm exercises. Not bad, right? (c'mon guys, I need some encouragement here... tee hee!)

I've been trying to work on a project that Damaris taught at the retreat... and it's something that is adorably cute with pink butterflies... I am determined to get started because I want to use it for my anniversary photos (5 years on Oct. 23! whoohoo!) I don't want to ruin the surprise so here's a little peek...



And this is a layout with photos of my Titi Mae (my aunt) on her birthday last month. We took her to eat at Old San Juan, a local Puerto Rican restaurant. As you can see, my step dad, Jorge, joined us. Some of you have asked how he's doing. (He is undergoing chemo for lymphoma.) Well, I am happy to report that he is responding well to chemo and he is half way through his treatment. The week that he gets chemo is hard because he gets tired and sluggish, but he's strong and has a great attitude. I love him! He's the best :-)



Oh! One more thing: Look at this adorable Halloween mini album that is on its way to me. They're all sold out over at Cocoa Daisy so I'm glad I snatched one up. The very talented Christine designed the project. That ribbon alone makes me drool!



I love the month of October! Fall is underway, the weather cools down a bit to 91 instead of 99.9 degrees (LOL!), the holidays are near, many of my publications are sent off to print, my birthday rolls around (yeah!), and it's also my anniversary...

Happy October to you!

xoxo,
Vanessa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you're going to the gym - once you get into that routine - it feels so great :-) Keep up the great work :-)
Rena
PS that Halloween book is so adorable!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

That Halloween mini is adorable! Good for you getting to the gym! Set yourself some goals - if you do the elliptical for one week at 5 min - then increase it the next week. Also weight training keeps you burning all day where as cardio has you burning while you work out. My daughter is majoring in exercise science...lol - can you tell

Ady said...

I'm proud of you. I know you can do it. Maybe this will motivate me to get things going on our end. I can't wait for that mini to arrive. As soon as it comes through the door I'm gonna start working on it so it will be partially completed by the time Halloween rolls around. Your dad looks great, I always have him in my prayers.