Sunday, September 21, 2008

One day at a time

First of all, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful messages you left me below. Your comforting words really touched me and I hope you know this means the world to me. I'm trying to cope with the loss of my Mami and just taking it one day at a time. I miss her so, so much, but I keep reminding myself that she is my sweet little angel in Heaven!

Here's a layout I made about Mami (design inspired by the Cocoa Daisy gallery). This is a self-portrait of the two of us on Mother's Day this year.

Isn't she just the most beautiful Mami in the world?




On another sad note, I've found out about a couple of people that have passed away recently and the news has really affected me... First, Aleida Franklin, AKA The Scrapping Rican, was tragically killed in a car accident last week. She was not only a talented and gifted artist, but most importantly, a wife and mother that adored her family. She will be greatly missed. Then, one of my scrapbooking idols, whose hubby is serving in Afghanistan, posted that his unit lost two more men this weekend. Please pray for the fallen and their families...

Hug all those dear to you each and every day and don't ever stop telling them how much they mean to you, how much you love them and live each day to the fullest!!!

Peace to all!

9 comments:

Margie said...

Yes Vane, I've always said it, your Mami is soooo adorable. Seriously, she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful layout vanessa...and yes, your Mami was a beautiful woman. i'm sending you hugs and hoping you get through this...

alma said...

Hola Vane me alegra muchisimo saber de ti.
El layout esta lindo, y por su puesto que tu mami esta muy linda.
Te mando un beso. Alma

Scrappy Chicas said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Vane. Your Mami was beautiful, and it's wonderful that you have all these special memories to scrap about.

xoxo,
Lou

Anonymous said...

I love your layout! You are really channeling your energy into creating -- I bet your Mami would be so pleased that she's inspired you!

Damaris said...

Hey my friend...your LO is beautiful, just like your Mami was. Missed you this Sunday, and I am so looking forward to spending some happy time together.
LOVE YA LOTS,
ME

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Beautiful LO of Mami!
I've missed you so much.

Maritza said...

Sweet and beautiful LOs.

regina1 said...

Hi Vanessa, So sorry to hear about your loss. Isn't this the layout that is being published next month? I subscribed to Scrapbook Trends after you showed me the magazine and told me you would be published in November. Next time I am in Miami and there is a scrap-a-thon, I'll ask for your autograph. Again, I am sorry for your loss!