Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween...


Blogging is so easy! All you need is a laptop, a fast Internet connection and voila! Trust me, guys, this is not keeping me in the room instead of sightseeing! I've updated my blog at night or in between other things. Right now, Richard went to rent a car so we can drive to Cordoba today instead of taking the train. It seems like a great idea since we want to continue on to Seville and see the Costa del Sol on our way to Granada. So, we'll probably have the car for 5 days. Therefore, I'm taking care of our luggage while he gets us a car... and surfing the Net!

Isn't it funny how women can make some suggestions and the men in our lives won't even think twice about it... BUT when they have an idea (the very same idea, mind you!) it seems like the best thing since slice bread! So, yeah, we're renting a car. LOL!

Yesterday, we were in Avila, the birthplace of St. Theresa, and we visited the Alcazar, Cathedral and Roman Aqueduct in Segovia. What a breathtaking experience. Can you believe that the Romans built the grand arches of the Aqueduct without any mortar or cement and it's still standing there 2,000 years later! The stones are so perfectly placed, it's amazing! When Richard and I were standing below the structure, we had to wonder whether or not one of the stones could quite possible land on our head. Hmm...

After this full day tour/side trip, we rested for about an hour or so at our wonderful hotel (Vincci Soho -- love this place -- can you believe the restaurant has steel butterflies all around!) in Madrid, and then headed out at night for a walk around the other side of town. We saw Plaza de Cibeles, Banco de Espana, Palacio de Comunicaciones, Plaza de la Independencia, Puerta de Alcala, and more! If you know us well, then you know we really don't rest on vacations. We just want to get out and see everything! I've walked more than I have the past year I think! But I'm eating well, too, so I probably won't be losing weight. Shucks!

Well, we're off now... don't know when I'll be blogging again, but I'm having a real blast and loving this extraordinary country. The people are the friendliest and the surroundings are awe inspiring. So cool.

Peace and happy travels... or happy scrapping! He, he, he!

6 comments:

Ady said...

How cool, This is great for your scrapbook. Just print and put it in the album. Journaling done...Glad you are having fun...

~Nancy~ said...

Oooh woooww.. so cool you're in Europe right now!!!! Hope you're having a great time!!! Enjoy the rest of your stay..and if you decide to visit The Netherlands. just let me know ok?? hehe! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having an amazing vacation - you sure deserve it!! Keep blogging :-)

Rena

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG! What an amazing trip, Vane!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you come back :)

Trish said...

WOW! Your pictures and recaps sound AMAZING and I'm seriously green with envy! Can't wait to see more! Enjoy yourself!

lawrenbc said...

What a fun trip you guys are taking! Can't wait to get my husband to Spain (I was there for a very brief 4 days when I was 13, and would love to experience it as an adult). Keep posting more pictures so that we can live vicariously through you. Can't wait to see the scrapbook pages!
Lawren
www.lawrencoope.wordpress.com