Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Little Word: FAITH


Thank you SO MUCH for your sweet comments regarding my baby girl!!! Richard and I are OVER THE MOON!!! I am 17 weeks pregnant now so I am counting down to the 20-week midway point. Hee!!! Everyone says this time just flies by, but for me it has not. I am learning so much about life and about myself these days and worrying a LOT (but that's just me — I'm a worrywart!). Praying every day that all goes well. Trying to enjoy this time. I cannot wait till I feel the baby moving!! Should be any day now... :)

That brings me to my One Little Word. I chose a word that I want to focus on and reflect upon in 2011: FAITH. It wasn't the very first word I thought of. Since I am pregnant, I first thought of nest, nurture and grow. But they didn't seem right to me. Something didn't click. Then I started thinking about what's most important, what I am feeling and what is going to help me through this exciting, but sometimes trying time... What will help me get through the loneliness, the dark times and the journey ahead?

My FAITH, that's what.

I loved this quote that I found online: "Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." - Rabindranath Tagore

And this one by Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

Definition of FAITH
(Taken from Merriam-Webster online dictionary)

1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3
a : something that is believed especially with strong conviction

I have faith that God will help me along on this journey.
I have faith that my parents and grandparents who have passed away are with me, guiding me and giving me strength when I don't feel very brave.
I have faith that I will make the right decisions and do the right thing during my pregnancy in order to stay healthy and strong for me and my baby.
I have faith that if today is not a good day, then tomorrow will be a better day.
I have faith that everything will be okay (even when I have my doubts!); that my angels are watching over us.
I have faith that this feeling of loneliness will eventually go away (that's the hardest part for me right now: not having parents or siblings to go to for support, for help, for encouragement).

My faith gives me the courage and will to thrive, to succeed, to be thankful, to be the best that I can be. Richard and I have a good life. We are truly blessed!

In 2011, FAITH will be my fortitude.

If you haven't heard of One Little Word, this is something created by the artist and author, Ali Edwards. Ali is so talented and so inspiring. Click here to read more about Ali's OLW idea. If you'd like to sign up for a cool OLW workshop, go to Big Picture Classes.

Enjoy your week!

6 comments:

Maritza said...

One of my most favorite words. It hangs on a charm right next to my cross. Gotta have faith!

caryl hope said...

LOVE your OLW! What a wonderful word to focus on this year. Faith does carry us through this life...

Also LOVE the quotes! :-)

Ady said...

Those are beautiful quotes. I know your faith will get you through this and so much more. Nontheless I'll be with you every step of the way.

Nancy Wyatt said...

Hey there! I am so behind on my blog reading and this morning have been sneaking in a few between work stuff ;) Looks like I have missed a lot! I knew you were expecting but didn't know it was going to be a little girl!! How exciting! Love what you wrote on your OLW!! So fun taking this ride with my Spark sisters! hugs from conroe, tx!

Dawn said...

Good word. How is the class going? I hope all is well with the pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder how people get through their days without FAITH. It is a wonderful word. I understand (first hand) darkness - but - faith got (and gets) ne through. Great word!!
You will be a wonderful mummy. That i know

Jeanie