Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby Girl or Baby Boy?


I was going to blog about my One Little Word, but something came up...

Today, Richard and I went in for an ultrasound. I am 16 1/2 weeks now. They checked the baby up and down. We saw the brain, the kidneys, spinal cord, belly, fingers, legs, you name it :)

The baby is doing well and growing fast now. I was told the baby is 8 inches from head to toe. WOW!

So exciting. Such a blessing. So real.

And then the technician asked us, "Do you want to know the sex?"

I answered, "We're DYING to find out!"

So she checked. Richard thought he saw a penis and said, "It's a BOY. You could see it." I thought I saw something, too.

Hmmm...

The lady then checked and said, "Looks like a GIRL to me! There's nothing hanging out there so I am pretty confident that it's a GIRL."

And she zoomed in and we saw her private parts and then I realized it really does look like a GIRL.

My beautiful baby girl. The baby girl my Mom always talked about before she passed away. My little angel girl.

How lucky are we? I'm thrilled and excited and just praying that I stay healthy and strong throughout this pregnancy and that our baby is healthy. I have a lot of faith and that faith gets me through each and every day...

9 comments:

bwgayoso said...

OMG!!! A baby girl : ) Oh Vane, you are going to be a great mommy! Can't wait to meet her : )

Caryl Hope said...

Oh joy!!!
A girl!!!
SO happy for you Vane. You'll be a wonderful mom. Such a blessing. Praying for a healthy baby girl and worry-free pregnancy. God bless Vane!

Margie said...

Soo excited for you! Boy or girl, who cares...YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!! Woohoo! Congrats my dear;)

Damaris said...

WHOO HOO!!! QUE RICO!!! Can't wait to buy her her first doll and her first PINK dress!!! LOL I am so excited for you and Richard. I too agree with Barb and Ady, you my friend are going to be such a wonderful mommy. Felicidades!
Hugs,
Me

Maritza said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys.

Ady said...

Whohoo!!! Congratulations... I'm so happy for you both. Now I get to visit the girls department when I go to the stores. Let the spoiling begin. (I already bought her first gift, teehee).

Audrey Yeager said...

Isn't it so exciting!!!!! Congrats to you!!!! Hope you like pink! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon said...

Girls are so fun to dress up! Congrats! She'll be your crafting buddy!