Saturday, February 13, 2010

Donna Downey Album Pages


Happy Valentine's Day weekend, my friends!

I meant to post this during the week, but I didn't get around to it. Here are my finished Donna Downey album pages. As I told you in my previous post, Ms. Downey was awesome! She was lots of fun and she taught us some really cool techniques. I really enjoyed working on this Pressed for Success project because I got to play with watercolor paint, distress inks, water, iron ons and more!

Everything in the album is from Donna's Prima collection of products, except for the two orange fabric butterflies that I added to my transparency pages.

I used some photos of our weekend trip to Naples, Florida a year ago. I wanted to use photos of us enjoying the everyday and our time together so they would go well with the sayings that Donna provided in our kit. Click on the photos for a larger view.
















I love the end result and I love my album! I hope it inspires you to take out your distress inks or watercolors and play. You just paint on canvas and spray water on it until the colors run together and it creates the cool washed out color effects. You can add as much color or as little color as you want.

I am working on some layouts now and a 7Gypsies Printer's Tray so I'll show you pics of those soon. Oooh! And I received Damaris' new kit today filled with ALL NEW CHA RELEASES. Yes, that's right! I got my hands on the new Jenny Bowlin Homespun collection that just came out.



It's gorgeous (I am in LOVE with those butterflies in all the colors!!!) and perfect for Spring and Summer... for anything really! I think she has a handful left so if you're interested (and who wouldn't be?), contact her.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! My hubby just got back last night after working all week in cold, SNOWY Philly. Yes, SNOWY. He got tons of snow. Lucky him. Anyway, I missed him and so we will be spending some quality time together this weekend.

Peace and happy scrapping!
Vanessa

5 comments:

Ady said...

your album is beautiful. You've inspired me to finish mine asap... Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with Richard.

xoxo,
Me

Mika said...

Great to see your album from the inside. Have fun today wih the hubs and enjoy V day. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi! Vanessa
Hope you're having a great valentine day w hubby. I just want to congratulate you!!!! You won the second prize on my valentine blog give away, when you can give me your address so that I may mail you your goodies.
xxxxx

AnilĂș Magloire said...

You always ROCK the minis. Love this!!!

lawrenbc said...

gorgeous album!!!! i am so inspired, i might actually go scrap something for a change!!