Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my BFF


This girl is truly awesome and I'm not just saying that because she's my best friend. Ady (or Yayi, as I call her) has a heart of gold, she's always looking out for others and is so unselfish and giving (I want to be her when I grow up!). She's not only a fabulous confidant and the sister I never had, she's also a great mom to my Godson, D'Angelo, a wonderful daughter, wife, etc. and just a beautiful person inside and out. I really love her a lot and I can't imagine my life without her friendship...

It's become a tradition that every morning, when I get into my car, I call her so we can chat. Sometimes life gets in the way and we miss a few days, but I love catching up and chatting with her. It's funny because when I left on vacation to Spain last year, she emailed me when I posted on my blog telling me that she missed our morning calls. How sweet is that!? Most of the time, we talk about scrappy stuff, and sometimes we share personal stories, goals, plans and other things.

Ady and I met about 15 years ago and now we are married to two best friends (Richard and Jorge grew up as friends and attended school together) so the joke is that there are no secrets between us, but of course, we do keep some things to ourselves... LOL!!!!

We are like two twin souls because we like the same things and, without knowing, we have been known to buy similar items. When we first traveled together to the BVI a few years back, her brother took us to the airport and he laughed and called us the "Bobsy Twins" because we wore the same thing (without planning it!). I tell ya, it's pretty funny and scary!!!

Anyway, Ady, you are a wonderful, beautiful, honest, caring, creative soul and I thank you for introducing me to scrapbooking, for being there when I've needed you most and for just being YOU.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope you have the BEST birthday ever!!! You deserve it... May all your wishes come true.

8 comments:

Balou said...

Awww, that is the sweetest post ever. You two are just the cutest BFFs ever. Love you both!

Margie said...

Ay que linda! You almost made me want to cry! Having wonderful people like that in our lives is truly a blessing (I have one too, hee hee). I agree with everything beautiful you wrote. Didn't know your hubs were/are best friends...now that's cool! Tootles~

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Happy b-day to the sweetest gal!!!

Damaris said...

Have to agree with you...yup she is pretty special. Can't wait til' Saturday...whoo hooo!
HUGS

Ady said...

You made me cry... What a beautiful post. I feel so honored and blessed to have you in my life as well. I'm going to print this out and create a layout about how you feel about me and one on how I feel about you. You are more than welcomed to scraplift the idea. LOL... I love you with all my heart girl.

bwgayoso said...

that is beautiful Vane! It made me cry.

Can't wait to see you on Sat ; )

Anonymous said...

what a sweet post about Ady! you two are TOO CUTE!

Lawren
my blog

Dayami said...

(sobbing) Awwwwwwwww I think I need a hug!!! hehehehe
Hugs,
Dayami