Friday, June 13, 2008

Rest in peace, Tim Russert


I cannot believe that Tim Russert, Washington Bureau Chief for NBC News, moderator of "Meet the Press" on Sundays and the friendly, intelligent, familiar face on the Today Show and on NBC Nightly News, is dead. Wow, this is so sad. What a shock. I really enjoy watching him. I also loved watching the stories about him and his dad, Big Russ, on NBC. He wrote a couple books about their relationship. Just this year, TIME Magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. He was only 58 years old.

Today, I learned that it was his idea to include a mural with the First Amendment on the recently completed Newseum in Washington, D.C. Obviously, I didn't know him personally, but when you watch someone for so long, you almost feel as if you know him. He made the most complex analogies and information easy to understand, he covered election night like no other and I think Joe Lieberman put it best when he called him the "Explainer in Chief" today.

God Bless him and his family.

I'll post much "lighter" material tomorrow... Peace to all.

1 comment:

Dayami said...

hey you, i know what you mean, so sad. well, thank God our faith allow us to know he is for sure in a much better place.
hugs to you,
Dayami ;)