Thursday, July 29, 2010

What a crazy week!

I have been meaning to post, but my life has been crazy this past week and a half. I won't bore you with all the details, but suffice it to say that the following incidents have taken place...

• I got bronchitis
• iTunes wiped out the operating system on my iPhone and everything on my phone (after much freaking out, I somehow got it all back a day later)
• I was called back for "further evaluation" after my mammogram and went through quite a scare; after much prayer and freaking out, I was told I was fine (I've only had two done in my life, but I started early since my Mom had breast cancer)
• I accidentally deleted my "Vanessa" folder from my work computer and managed to erase 9+ years of files
• My work computer was taken to IT and stayed there for 3 days where they managed to totally kill it; then they reconfigured a new computer for me and restored it (still trying to see which files have been lost!)
• I got a migraine
• And so on... I think you get the picture!

Thankfully, things are looking up now. I am healthy and my vacation is coming up pretty soon. We also won 11 national awards for best editorial, design and photography. Not bad, eh?

A couple weekends ago, I got to hang out with my scrappy friends, which is always a treat! Here are photos from when we got together for Ady and Lou's birthday.




And these are photos from my weekend celebrations with Ady.




Finally, I'll leave you with two layouts that I worked on last month based on Stephanie Howell's creations (using some BG June Bug papers from my stash).




Be back soon!

Peace and happy scrapping!
Vanessa

2 comments:

handprintsoflife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caryl Hope said...

Oh dear, it must have been horrible for you... that was a pretty big scare and I'd be freaking out too if faced with the same situation...

I'm GLAD you got the clean bill of health and hope your files are intact.

The party looks fun and love the layouts you made. :-)