Friday, January 1, 2010

RAK winner | December Daily: Days 11-14



First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope your year is off to a good start. I was sick this week with a cold, but I'm better now... Not the best way to spend your week off from work, but at least I was able to rest.

Now I am looking forward to a happy and healthy 2010! I've even thought about what my one little word will be this year so I'll share my thoughts on that in an upcoming post. Have you thought about what your word will be? If you have no idea what I am talking about, stay tuned! I will explain.

First things first... the winner of my mini album giveaway is... IVY!

Ivy said...
I love the mini album. Creating my first mini album this end of the year as a gift for my titi. My most cherished gift...my brother, who I had not spoken to in six months. Family is always the greatest gift.


Congrats Ivy! Please email me at mvmolina[at]aol[dot]com with your complete mailing address and I'll send you your album next week.

Being home this week meant that I got to finish up my 2009 December Daily album. Whoohoo!



For Day 11, I created a two-page spread with a few photos of our weekend in Philly. The first page is simple with three photos and some red trim stapled from top to bottom.



The opposite page is a canvas page that I painted with acrylic paint (I first coated each page with white paint so that the color pops more against the canvas). Then I adhered my photo and embellies. I used my new Martha Stewart snowflake punch, which I love, and some Stickles to accent the stars and buttons on the little trees.



Day 12 is another two-page spread (what can I say? I took a lot of photos in Philly!). I used green and blue Glimmer Mist on the first page and a Heidi Swapp mask to create the branches. Then, I adhered my photo and added a felt flower from my stash and a cool snowflake pin that Damaris gave me. (I also stuck that pin into my thumb in the process - ouch!)



The opposite page is a green envelope from Archiver's that has this glittery finish. I adhered my photos to it and placed my journaling inside.




For Day 13, I used a Christmas card that I received at work. It has a simple wreath on it with red foil berries. I adhered an epoxy sticker to the middle of the wreath and added a photo of Valley Forge to the back.




Finally, Day 14. Here I used some adhesive fabric paper from Love, Elsie that I've had for a long time. I added a photo of our decorated Christmas tree and a little journaling pocket I picked up in Ohio last year.




On the back I used a sheet of canvas paper from Prima (adhered directly to the Love, Elsie fabric paper) and added little photos of ornaments and other decorations throughout my home. I love that my Epson printer can print these small photos. I printed 6 photos on one 4x6 sheet! Also, please note my very first foray into sewing! Yes, I sewed that red thread onto the page. I have NEVER sewed anything in my life and lately I had been wanting to try it!



And what did I sew with, you ask? This little craft sewing machine that my BFF gave me for Christmas. It's awesome. I don't know if I'll ever do much more than basic stitching, but I love the look that it gives my scrapbook layouts. :)



That's all I have for today. I'll be back soon to share more of my Dec Daily album with you.

I hope the New Year brings you much peace, health, love and happiness. May you live each day to the fullest and appreciate all the things life has to offer all of us!

Merry wishes and joyful dreams,
Vanessa

3 comments:

Ivy said...

Wow!!! Super excited! 2010 is off to a great start. Thanks Vanessa!

Cindy Groh said...

I have been thinking of a word as well. Can't wait to see what you pick:)

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always