Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to my honey bunny!



Today is my hubby's birthday! I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by. I met Richard in Jan. 2003. I had seen him on Match.com during the holidays and was immediately interested because of his beautiful smile and bright eyes (and those lashes, WOW!). We started dating and traveling together! We had a lot in common, but we were also very different. He was very religious and involved in the Catholic church; he was a missionary who traveled to the Dominican Republic to care for the poor and he loved working with children in rural areas who did not have much. He was a Republican with Cuban parents and he grew up with two sisters in a close knit family. His parents were still married. They had family dinners and get togethers every week and they were loud! Me? Well, I didn't really attend church regularly, I was a lifelong Democrat, Puerto Rican with a very "Americanized" family (all my aunts married gringos), raised by my grandparents since my parents separated before I was born, had no siblings and had pretty liberal views about life... BUT we still had similar values and we wanted the same things in life and that was what brought us together. We were married on Oct. 23, 2004.

Richard is not perfect, but then again, neither am I! In fact, he drives me crazy half of the time! LOL! But he has such an honest, tender heart and a giving soul and he is caring, hardworking and he loves me just the way I am. He will also be an excellent father to his little girl or boy one of these days. We can be silly together and we act just like kids in love sometimes. We often wonder what our children will think of our constant silliness. I love him to the moon and stars and back, with all the airplanes! :-) Happy birthday my love!

xoxo,
Vanessa

5 comments:

Balou said...

Aww... what a sweet post. =)

Happy Birthday, Richard!! Hope it's a great one!

alma said...

Feliz, feliz cumpleaƱos para Richard. Y besos para Vane.

Maritza said...

Happy Birthday Richard!
How sweet. Love the history. BTW, thanks for the comment.

Dayami said...

Super sweet post! Many many more birthdays.
(my hubby's the 12th)
Hugs,
Dayami

Damaris said...

Happy Birthday Richard!!! Wishing Mr. Richard tons of blessings.
HUGS,
Me